2 Apple Day

Monday, September 27, 2010

I spent the whole morning Friday at E's school for Apple Day!  I brought my Krupps tabletop convection oven, and with mini pie rounds and homemade apple pie filling (Granny Smith and Cripps apples, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, nutmeg and cinnamon) in some silicone baking cups, I had the kids make their own "pinch pies" and they could add some fun sprinkles if they wanted.


After pinching the pies closed, they went into a 400 degree convection oven for 8 minutes.


I wish I had gotten a picture of them all sitting on the cooling racks, they were so cute.

After centers, I decided to stay and help take the kids to ponies, and then to see the animals, (sheep, goats, chickens, and rabbits) which is always a huge hit with the kids.

E running to the pony paddock through the lower meadow:

Mounting up on Silver Moon (who was dressed as a unicorn):






Having a turn on one of the new wooden ponies.


After we returned from the meadow, the kids ate the cooled apple 'pinch' pies with their snack.

Pin It

2 comments:

Staci A said...

It looks like such a fun day!

Kelly Polizzi said...

oh how fun! love it. love the pics!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...