0 Fruity Duty

Friday, February 24, 2012


I'm so excited I finally got a chance to do Fresh Fruit Friday at E's school!  It involves going and picking up the Whole Foods gift card and fruit bins from school, picking out the fruit and weighing it ($35 worth) and then heading to Trader Joe's and spending another $35-40 to get some more.  I could only get mandarin oranges, bananas and organic apples to get the most bang for my buck.  Most of the other fruit was out of our price range (and WF did not have a single variety of bagged or non-organic apple) but I'm sure the kids will enjoy these nutritious and sweet treats.

So, I took it all home and soaked and washed all those beautiful apples in my [well sanitized] kitchen sink with some Fit fruit and veggie wash, and arranged everything in the bins.  They are all set to take to school for distribution to the kids.  They can take a piece of fruit when they pass by the bins today.

This is what $75 worth of fresh fruit looks like!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...