5 Bento #229 - Gyoza & Baby Bel

Thursday, January 26, 2012


More Baby Bel!  I got myself an X-Acto knock-off (hello, it was PINK and retractable) and so I experimented a little.  I used some deco cutters to make a light imprint in the wax, and then traced it.  It's really not precise, but I think I just need some practice.  Or have my hubby do it.


And *gasp* another chocolate treat!  I fully blame my mom for this.  She sent us a HUGE - and I mean massive - box of chocolates in the mail yesterday.  So E got a chocolate nut cluster in today's lunch.



The gyoza are not actually burned, just FYI.  



Bento #229 - Chicken gyoza, ponzu sauce, celery sticks, ranch dip, dried cranberries, Baby Bel cheese, chocolate nut cluster and pretzels.  Snack - whole grain apple snack bar.
Pin It

5 comments:

skettlepunk said...

UGHHHHH this makes me sooooo hungry. Looks really awesome!!

Rina @ Bento School Lunches said...

As always,cute lunch with colors! Love your baby bell cheese :)

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

Thanks ladies!

Dixie Delights said...

Yum! I'd love to know how you prepare the gyoza - mine never turn out right. Do you use the TJ gyoza? And where do you buy the sauce? I love all your lunches :-)

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

I really like the Ling Ling brand of all natural chicken potstickers. I buy them in big bags at Costco since we have them so often. I also sometimes get TJ's dumplings and wontons, and experiment with ones from Super H Mart. I'm an equal-opportunity gyoza lover!

Most potstickers can be cooked in this way: Heat some canola oil in a pan over high heat and add the potstickers flat-side down. Immediately add the water (I don't usually measure, but about 2/3 cup). Cover and set the timer for 6-7 minutes. Voila! Perfectly steamed, and lightly browned on the bottom. Most, if not all the water will have evaporated.

I also use this "dumpling method" to cook frozen ravioli!

As for the sauce, I make my own. equal parts soy sauce and ponzu sauce (bottled and found in any Asian market.)

Hope that helps!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...