4 Baked Mashed Potatoes

Wednesday, January 12, 2011


Okay, so we're really stretching it here in our house.  We haven't been out of the house since Sunday!  Today is yet another snow day stuck at home.  We're getting creative with the items I have left in my fridge.  Remember those mashed potatoes I served with the stuffed peppers?  Well, I used the leftovers in last night's dinner.

When I was vacationing in England as a girl, a fast food staple besides fish & chips, bangers & mash and Cornish pasties was a loaded baked potato.  You could get them almost anywhere.  They had a variety of hearty and delicious toppings, my favourite of which was ham, cheese and broccoli.  It's really so simple with mashed potatoes, just layer the potatoes in an oven-safe dish (and I mix it with a little shredded cheese), diced ham, lightly steamed broccoli and cover with as much cheese as you like.  Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes or until it's heated through and the cheese on top is bubbly.

Hmmmmm.


Ella really threw a fit when she saw hers because she did not want to try it.  However when she did, she said it was "REALLY good" (several times!) and ate it right up.


Hopefully we'll be able to get out at some point today.  Otherwise one or more of us may go nuts!
Pin It

4 comments:

(Single)Mommy said...

mmm yum this sounds sooo good! what a great way to use up LO mashed potatoes.

D' Mommy said...

my kind of dinner. yumm!

commoncents said...

Very Cool! Glad I found your blog - keep up the great work!!

Steve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

Anne - Mommy Has to Work said...

I cant imagine getting stuck inside for days... dinner looks good though.
following from the hop.
Anne
http://mommyhastowork.com

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...