18 Bento #255 - Olympic Breakfast (and Blog Hop!)

Friday, July 27, 2012


We are so excited for the London Summer Olympics 2012 opening ceremonies tonight!

So what do I have here?  The components are pancakes, a poached egg and maple syrup for dipping. I used a basic Bisquick pancake recipe, poured the batter into a squeeze bottle and drew (and drew, and drew) on a flat griddle.

I started to arrange it on my orange cutting board, but then got out my pizza stone because it's reminiscent of the track and field stadium.


Poached egg in a flower silicone cup.


The ubiquitous Olympic rings. I wasn't about to attempt the official London games logo.  I painted them with my all-natural food color powders.  I simply love them, they are so easy to use!  



We are so ready to watch the athletes do what they do best!  Our favourites to watch are gymnastics and swimming.

Now, hop on over and see what Corey at Family Fresh Meals did for her Olympic theme!


Make sure to push the button above, on every blog, to enjoy the hop till you get back from where you started. Have fun!!
Pin It

18 comments:

karen said...

You are AMAZING!!! I love how the colors worked out, too! Those powders are fun, aren't they? :)

Keitha said...

Those pancakes look amazing! You have suck a steady hand to get them so perfect!

Keeley McGuire said...

Oh that is so cute and clever!!
Now I want that for breakfast... lol

Shannon @ Mollys Lunch Box said...

YUM! I'm impressed at the color that you got with the natural color. Such a cute lunch!

Unknown said...

This looks like a breakfast for champions! Your rings are perfect.

Unknown said...

This is so clever! N it looks very pretty! :)

Michelle | Creative Food said...

super cute! We love to make shaped pancakes too! :)

Unknown said...

Oooh.. pancakes! What a great idea!

Lau-raw said...

Wow! I love the rings! I'm making some pancakes today!! :)

OhMarieOH said...

What an impressive take on those pancakes. Great job!

Candy Girl said...

Love the Olympics brekkie!

Corey @ Family Fresh Meals said...

These pankcakes are the cutest!!!!

Unknown said...

So cool!!!!!! Love the pancake breakfast idea :D

Ludicrous Mama said...

Looks great! Mine would have been half smooshed, half-burnt, half-folded onto one another, and half-thrown-across-the-room-in-frustration. Pancakes hate me.

JeeJee said...

Very Creative. I love pancake for breakfast. Will have to try colorful pancake one day. :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I love the pastels. Thanks for the link to the natural food color company - that looks like a great resource.

Kelli said...

I just found your blog and am loving it! Cute pancakes!

kiki said...

the ceremony was great. I loved Mr.Bean:D
Do you like to following each other?♥
bijoux en fleurs

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...