4 Bento #220 - Lego Lunch

Thursday, November 10, 2011


I finally got one!!!  Oh Lego lunch box, how I've wanted you for months now, but were only available in the UK....  Long story short, I ordered one and had it shipped to my cousin in London, and we were to meet up on our trip and make the hand off, but it slipped our minds and I returned home to the US empty-handed.  With busy schedules, my adorable pink Lego lunch box hasn't made it over to my side of the pond yet.

So how did I get my hands on this one?  Lo and behold! The Container Store carries them now!!  I was killing time with my daughter (who was off from school) Tuesday after lunch and we headed over to that dangerous wonderful place.  We were browsing a section that wasn't even food-related when we stumbled across these.  They had a range of colors (but no pink, alas) in both the large and small sizes.  By the way, these are food and dishwasher safe.


The small size wasn't available when I purchased my pink one, so that was a bonus!  It's really tiny, so it's a good size for dip, which is what I used it for here. It fits perfectly inside the large Lego box. They only had the two sizes, and I'm curious what a medium would look like.


I know what you're thinking.  "Are those croutons?  That poor kid gets croutons for a snack?"  People listen to me.  These are the most amazing croutons you will ever put in your mouth.  They are garlic/parmesan/herb croutons from a brand called Nonni's, which I picked up at Costco (shocker, I know.)  They are amazing (I want to type that with all caps.)  They are addictive, and yes, today they are a yummy snack.  Ella will thank me later today, I just know it. ;)


Bento #220 - Pasta Prima chicken & mozzarella ravioli, julienne yellow bell pepper, strawberries and ranch dip.  Snack - Nonni's croutons and applesauce.
Pin It

4 comments:

~she~ said...

I love croutons!

And I adore the Lego box! I wonder if my pre-teen son would still carry that to school???

Rina @ Bento School Lunches said...

Thanks for sharing Emily,I just ordered 2 of the boxes:) Too cute to resist. Oh,and the water bottle is cute too,have to order sometime soon ;)

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

@She, totally!! Ella said that she had many comments all around the table. (and she did love those croutons, as I had accurately predicted!)

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

@Rina - awesome! I didn't see them online when I made this post, so I'm glad you can order them now!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...