0 Indian Spiced Nuts with Coconut

Saturday, August 27, 2011

I just love these toasted nuts!  This is Aarti Sequeira's recipe called Newspaper Nuts: Indian Spiced Nuts with Coconut from her Food Network show Aarti Party.  This was a fun snack to prepare with Miss E.


Just three differences in the way I made mine.

1. I used peanuts and almonds (that I had to crack myself...that's some perseverance!  E helped me a lot.) instead of all pecans since I only had a few.

2.  I added 2 tablespoons of Modern Day Masala organic garam masala instead of 2 TEASPOONS, (whoops...but it totally worked anyway.) By the way, Modern Day Masala has some amazing spice mixes!!  Their Butter Chicken mix is out of this world good.

3. I added a fair sprinkling of brown sugar.  There is nothing like a sweet and salty snack.


Voila!  Highly recommend.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...