0 Home Again...

Friday, April 9, 2010

...home again, jiggedy-jig!

I was in Maryland, my hometown for the past week for a surprise baby shower for my sister! It was sooo much fun, the shower was beautiful, we saw the DC cherry blossoms and I acted like a tourist with my daughter and sisters for a couple days. We also did some touristy things in historic Annapolis by the waterfront with my mom and my MIL. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, warm and clear.





















I had fun indulging in my favorite Maryland seafood - cream of crab, crab cakes, shrimp salad, shrimp, shrimp and more shrimp!  Yumm.


AND...we have a friend whose family owns three wonderful restaurants, and the whole fam went to Asia Bistro/Zen Bistro in Pentagon City and also specially ordered fried rice from their other restaurant, Saigon Saigon.  SOOO GOOD (thanks, Chrissy!!)  And goodness, they have bento boxes for grownups!  We had lots of small plates like spring rolls, calamari, chicken satay, and sushi rolls, and we ordered short ribs, ginger salmon (which my mom claims is the best salmon she's had in her life) and noodle bowls.    Totally amazing, go there, you won't be disappointed!  And, they use no MSG (trust me, my sister is very allergic to it, and she can eat there any time.) We also had this really yummy sparkling sake.  We sat outside in their covered patio area, since the weather was so gorgeous.






Zen Bistro and Wine Bar on Urbanspoon


Read about the amazing baby shower cake here!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...