0 Oatmeal-Banana Bread

Saturday, October 31, 2009


This morning E and I decided to do some baking.  I had two overripe bananas on my counter, and thought that banana bread was a good proposition, except that I normally use at least 4-5 bananas.  I happened to have bananas & cream oatmeal packets, and thought to up the banana-flavor ante by adding them.  I hunted up a recipe that used oatmeal, and voila! My shortening wasn't creaming with the sugar very smoothly, so I added two tbs softened butter to help it along, plus a tiny bit of cinnamon, and did not add nuts (I love them, others in the house don't.) Whenever I make banana bread, I sprinkle the top of the batter in the pan with brown sugar so it makes a hard caramelized crust. Turned out great! This is the delicious result:




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...