3 Basic No-Knead Bread

Thursday, October 28, 2010



If you follow me on Facebook, you'll have seen me post pictures of some of these last night.  I've been hankering to bake bread for a few days now, ever since I read the versatile basic bread dough recipe in Family Fun magazine.  To be honest, I really wanted to make my mom's recipe, but I didn't have any molasses on hand, so that will be the next one I do. Hers doesn't use eggs, which yields a totally different bread.  This recipe is very good, though!  The bread is nice and soft, and has a nice chew, and you can do lots of things with it, and, you can store the unbaked dough in the fridge for a few days.  I used the sandwich loaf method.

The first rise.


Shaping, or "cloaking" half the dough for the first loaf.


Loosely covering in plastic wrap for the second rise.


Ahh yeast, isn't fungus amazing?


After a light egg wash, and slashing the top.


The next part is where your house smells absolutely ammaaaazing.  With the other half of the dough I made a round loaf in a deep white ceramic casserole, which works perfectly.  


It's torturous waiting for things to cool enough to slice! 


There is nothing in this world like warm bread fresh out of the oven.

Slather with lots of butter and drizzle with honey.


Pin It

3 comments:

ANGIE CARROLL said...

Mmmmmmm....I can't wait to bake some bread!

Ms. Mary Mack said...

Hello. I just stumbled on to your blog and must say this: Wow! What a wonderfully creative and necessary blog. My son loves--no--LOVES toast. And whole wheat toast, at that. I have "make delicious bread" on my life list, and now I have the perfect menu to do it. Thanks.

And keep up the great work here.

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

Ms. Mary Mack, thanks for the great feedback!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...