8 Bento #127 - Steak & Ham Pocket

Wednesday, October 27, 2010


I made these little melty pastry pockets out of some leftover steak and ham, which I sauteed in a little butter, Italian herbs and a pinch of garlic powder.  Then I encased spoonfuls of the meat in some refrigerated dough rectangles along with some shredded cheese and baked for about 11 minutes.  Ella declared them to be delicious (she called them "pants pockets"!), and the rest we have here in her bento, along with a fresh batch of basil pesto, which is happily pine nut-less this time.  I used walnuts.  I also ensured that there were plenty of celery sticks.  A few days ago she complained that she only had four.

Bento #127 - Steak, ham & cheese pastry pocket, celery sticks, basil pesto, macadamia nuts, yogurt stars and fresh strawberries.
Pin It

8 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Yum, yum! Both pretty and delicious!!

Anonymous said...

The "pants pockets" look delicious!
What is the "refrigerated dough", is it in the refrigerated section or frozen section at the grocery store? What brand is it? Thanks!
Jenn

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

Jenn, you can use any kind of refrigerated dough you like, from crescent rolls in a can to pizza dough from the bakery section. Anything you like! Just roll thin (if it needs rolling) and follow the package baking directions.

Anonymous said...

Emily,
Thanks for clarifying for me. Have not really worked with refrigerated dough before (crescent or pizza) so was totally clueless. I was thinking this was like refrigerated pie crust (which I have never used either). So glad I asked!

Michelle said...

The Pants Pockets look yummy! My son would definitely go for those. Where did you get that awesome bento box?

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

Hi Michelle - the box is a PlanetBox, and we love it!

http://bentobloggy.blogspot.com/2010/10/planetbox-review.html

Miaja said...

What are yogurt stars? Do you make them or buy them?

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

Miaja - I buy them at Trader Joes, they come in a bag and are very yummy!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...