0 Bento #122 - Tomato Basil Soup

Friday, October 15, 2010


YUM.  My tomato basil soup is out of this world, and E thinks so too.  I made a batch the other evening, and she decided she loved it, and asked me to pack it for lunch today.  I have been on the hunt for a really good thermal cup, and found this one by Aladdin some months ago which I like, and is also neat because it has a built-in spoon drawer in the top.  However, as with most thermal containers, you really have to prepare it if you want things to stay warm.  Running lots of hot water in the cup and on the top, super-heating the soup, and then moving very quickly!  Also, it's quite wide for little hands, so I know she'll need help opening for lunch today.  The fruit salad she loves, and lately I've been buying a bowl at Publix every week.  It's really convenient for me because we get a wide range of yummy fresh fruit that's already nicely prepared.

BTW, Margo of Margo Madison Creative Stationery send me this neat idea for making your own food picks!  Check it out on her blog here!  It's such a neat idea when you want to have something unique on hand, and I'm sure this would be a great hit with the kids.

Bento #122 - Tomato basil soup, Lunch Punch dolphin grilled cheese, ducky cheese crackers, and fresh fruit salad.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...