2 "Mommy Milk"

Thursday, October 11, 2012

*sigh* Pregnancy makes me so sappy!  While I was writing my stained glass window post last night, hubby and I spent a bunch of time tripping down memory lane on my private blog that I started when I was pregnant 7 years ago with Ella. I stumbled across this short post about when Ella decided on her own that she was finished with "Mommy Milk."  I'm so glad we got the opportunity for her to wean from the breast on her own timetable, and so serenely.  It was just such a natural transition for both of us. No regrets.

November 23, 2008


I credit a lot of her current great eating habits to our extended breastfeeding.  Ella still looks back fondly on our nursing relationship.  I know she probably won't remember any of this, sooner than soon, so I cherish when she puts those sweet thoughts into words.  And in her own words, "Mommy Milk is good for babies.  And little girls too."

I can't believe I get to do this all over again with brand-new baby girl in just a couple of short months! 


Since this is October, national Breast Cancer Awareness month, here are a couple of links to articles that show evidence that breastfeeding can reduce your risk of getting breast cancer.

Pin It

2 comments:

Myra of Mommy+Me Lunchbox said...

"Mommy Milk is good for babies. And little girls too." that is the sweetest thing ever!

Katie said...

SOOO SWEET!!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...