0 Bento #210 - BBQ Pulled Pork & Rice

Friday, September 9, 2011


What week of school is this?  I've lost track.  Third week, I think.  The early mornings are doing a number on me.  We finally were able to do some grocery shopping, though I swear my daughter tries to find new and exciting ways to hurt herself, especially in public.  This time she stuck her hand in the back of one of my MIL's auto-closing van doors.  Oh my goodness.  I was on the other side of the van getting my baby niece out, and another passing mom ran over and was able to open the door lickety-split.  She was fine, though, thank goodness!  This child is going to give me heart palpitations. We are already having to bandage her leg daily for the next several weeks, don't need any broken bones or [more] missing teeth on top of it.

Where was I?  Oh, grocery shopping (so exciting, aren't you jealous?) at Wholefoods. Whenever I go shopping with E we spend lots of time in the fresh produce section.  I almost always encourage her pick out which veggies she wants, but now I'm going to start making a point of having her try one new fruit or vegetable each visit.  This time she chose her favorite sugar snap peas and carrots as well as some fresh green beans, which we don't usually get.

This yummy pulled pork is from our friendly neighborhood butcher who smokes the pork himself.  So good.


The veggies are sauteed carrots, bell peppers and baby portabella mushrooms, leftover from a stir-fry I did for dinner, along with some rice and sugar snap peas.

Fresh blueberries round out lunch, with a playful seal pick.


Snack consists of some of Stacy's sea salt pita chips and some fresh ground honey roasted peanut butter, which is awesome except that they don't use salted peanuts.  So...all of the fresh ground butters at Wholefoods lack that essential bit of salt.  Boo.  But, the salted pita chips ought to take care of that nicely.


Bento #210 - Smoked pulled pork with BBQ sauce, rice, sauteed bell peppers, mushrooms and carrots and fresh blueberries.  Snack - pita chips, honey roasted peanut butter and multi-vitamins.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...