11 Picks Aplenty, Picks Galore (Part Two)

Tuesday, May 31, 2011


Since I posted Picks Aplenty, Picks Galore (Part One), I've had some interest recently from folks wondering how I organize my bento box drawer.  So, I'm entitling this 'Part Two' of a small series.  

I have a very large, deep kitchen drawer that I store all my bento boxes in.  They are [usually] put together as soon as they are washed and dried, so that I don't have to go hunting for lid tops and mates.  Does my drawer always look so organized?  Heck no!  In fact, when I snapped these pictures I was so irritated by the disarray that I tackled it with gusto to wrangle it back into some semblance of ordered-chaos.  



I also have some updated pictures of my pick organizer.  I rearrange it every few months, as I add to my enormous (and insane) collection.  A bunch of these are very recent acquisitions, and I've yet to use them.  I support my addiction by telling myself I need to replace all the picks that get chewed up, either by kid or by garbage disposal (whoops.)





In this last picture you'll notice some cardboard cutouts.  These came with the packaging in some of my decorative food cutters, and they are basically diagrams on how to make several different shapes with the small pieces, so I keep them in there for reference in the bottom tier. I swear, this is one of my best organizational purchases.  It's worth double what the going rate is!


So, describe what your drawers look like and are organized.  Any tips?

Pin It

11 comments:

~she~ said...

Wow...that's insane! I can only hope to be that organized!

Carolyn, Simply Organized Life said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I noticed your pick boxes are all exactly the same...perfect for stacking. You get an A from this professional organizer!

Christa Cox said...

hey found your blog at the "memorial day edition finding friends blog hop"! Just doing a little self promotion cuz we are cool like that ;) so be sure to come check out our blog (www.christanncox.blogspot.com) WE FOLLOW BACK! :) just leave a comment with your url address! have a great night!

Keeley McGuire said...

great organization! jealous of all your goodies too. :)
ps: LOVE your kitchen drawers!

http://keeleymcguire.blogspot.com

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

Thanks! It seems like a constant battle to keep it all organized, haha

Unknown said...

I have a similar container for my picks. My other items are in slide out drawers right next to my main lunch making counter. I have less picks than you I think though!

Ixy said...

Interesting - what do you do with all those picks? I'm curious!

Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

@Amanda, I utilize them in my daughter's bento lunches to make them fun and interesting!

Brandi said...

I started organizing my bento in a cabinet, you can see it here: http://yesihaveajob.blogspot.com/2011/08/bento-organization-has-begun_08.html
I haven't built up NEARLY the quantities you have, however! Very nicely organized, btw! Thanks!

Bentobloggy said...

@Mermaid B - looks wonderful!

Glory said...

I think I just died and gone to bento heaven!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...