0 Bento #36 - Nuggets & Tomatoes

Wednesday, October 28, 2009




Miss E must have been really hungry at lunch today, because although I worried I was sending too much food, she came back with her entire bento empty, except perplexingly enough the strawberry cream cheese, which she didn't touch.

Bento #36 - CFA chicken nuggets on skewers, grape tomatoes, cheese crackers (Trader Joe's), apple & strawberry cream cheese.

I was on an apple roll today - for dessert I made baked apples, sans sugar (not allowed on my diet.)  I peeled and sliced one Honeycrisp apple per person and squeezed the juice of 1/2 a lemon, some apple cider vinegar (1 tsp), cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and allspice in a casserole dish, along with about 1/2 cup water.  Popped it in the oven covered, and baked at 400 for 30 minutes.  They were beautifully tart, and naturally sweet, but I imagine it would be amazing with a little maple syrup or honey drizzled on top.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave your comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...